Monday, June 11, 2012

Appliqué Border Options

     The vines and leaves are all machine appliquéd.  Before I sew them on, I wanted to try out a couple of options.  The original pattern has the vines growing from 2 corners only like this. 

I wanted to see what it would look like with a vine growing from each corner so here it is laid out. 

I think I like the designer’s suggestion better.  Which do you like? 

    This morning reading Leigh’s blog ( ) started me thinking about my UFOs.  With our guild challenge last year, I finished many UFOs; more than I would have without the challenge.  Leigh says she has trouble finishing things.  I finish many quilts but I also have many unfinished.  Sometimes when I have a big project like the King size floral pinwheel quilt I am working on, I get tired of working on the same thing every day and I need something different.  That is one reason I enjoy charity sew days because I can work on a different project and yet I am doing something useful.  

1 comment:

  1. That is one beautiful quilt! You should be so proud. I only hope to make one like that as I am still learning.

    Just gorgeous!