Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Cotton Theory Trivet and Pinwheel Progress


      Tuesday was guild day and after the regular meeting, a member instructed us as we made a potholder or trivet using the Cotton Theory quilting method.   It has 2 good sides.  Here is mine finished.


I have seen Betty Cotton demonstrate her techniques several times on “Sewing with Nancy” and have wanted to try it.  Now that I have, I don’t know that I will do any more.  I have a lot of respect for the work that it took for Clara or anyone to make a full size bed quilt using this method.  It takes a tremendous amount of preparation cutting the top and backing fabric pieces as well as the batting pieces.

     I’m making progress on the floral pinwheel quilt.  I started laying out pinwheel blocks but my design wall is not large enough.  I thought about laying them on the floor but decided to use the guest bed as my design area instead.  This gives you an idea. 

I also tried grouping the colors but I think they should be mixed up.  
Update:  Here are 36 blocks laid out on the guest bed.  I will leave them for a couple of days so that I can look at them several times and see if I need to move some around. 


No comments:

Post a Comment