Saturday, March 3, 2012

Pinwheel Quilt Started


      Today has been cloudy and damp all day so a good day to stay inside and sew.  I finally started on a spring quilt that my daughter-in-law requested.  Will and Katherine picked out about 50 floral fabrics and the king size quilt will have about 81 pinwheels so I will make about 2 pinwheels from each fabric.  Before I started cutting white squares for pinwheels, I cut long lengthwise strips for an appliquéd border.

    Friday 3 friends and I went to Charleston for the Cobblestone Quilters Show.  I was pleased to see that a fellow guild member ( Vicki McCormick) ‘s quilt “Omigosh” placed first for pieced bed quilts.  I believe the tiny nine patch pieces are ½”.

                                                             Close Up 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment