Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Wednesday Sew Day


     This was sew day for my church quilt group.  It was nice to have a new member join us today. She is a retired teacher.  I sandwiched the large scrappy bargello quilt so tomorrow I hope to start quilting it.  Then I cut some pieces of 2 ½” strips into 2 ½” squares, 4 ½”, 6 ½”, and 8 ½” rectangles.  I’m using 2 ½” strips for my version of Lego blocks instead of 1 ½” strips like Tonya and the antique one.
Someone has also called this design “compost blocks”.  They are very easy.  I chain pieced strips at equal 12”  and then join strips to make the 12” block.

       When I got home, I took a break and then I finished the 4 Pineapple placemats that were somebody’s UFO (not mine).   They may become a present for someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment