Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Small Projects - Potholders

      Tuesday was a great GCQ guild meeting.  Members who participated in the Nov. challenge showed their work.  I’m sorry I did not take photos of them.  Projects ranged from single blocks to complete table runners and small quilts. The theme was “international”.  I paper-pieced a Japanese girl.  At this time I don’t have plans for her. 

 Show and tell was great as usual.  We have so many talented ladies.  The program was an art quilt trunk show from 2 members.  They shared some of their early pieces and recent work. It was very nice. 

      Today I took a little time for some yard work and then finished another quilt project that will be a Christmas present so I won’t show it.  Then I played with scraps and made 2 potholders.  


       I spent some time on a fabric hunt.  My granddaughter has requested that I make her a sparkly twirl-ly dress that she can wear to preschool.  I was hoping to find some sparkly fabric that could be machine washed.  Almost everything I found said to hand wash or dry clean.  I did find one that said to use a cold wash and did not specify by hand.  I’m still searching.

No comments:

Post a Comment