Friday, October 28, 2011

Scrappy Bargello Top Finished


        After several aggravations I finished the bottom border so the whole top is pieced.  It now measures 68 ½” by 86 ½ ”.  I need 5 ¼ yds. for the backing or I may use several different fabrics pieced.  Since the top is so scrappy, it would be appropriate for the back to be scrappy.  Sorry it is not the best photo.  It is so large it was difficult to take a picture of the whole top.

        A quilter in GA donated some old fabric and UFOs to our church quilt group.  In the pile I found a UFO for 4 pineapple placemats.  Today I pulled out one and sewed it together.  I don’t like the fabric but thought I would give it a try.  The directions are for a stitch and flip technique stitching through batting and backing as you construct the pineapple block.  I found out that  it is NOT my favorite technique as it requires a lot of marking as you work but the result is okay.  One placemat got finished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment