Sunday, October 16, 2011

My Sampler Quilted


      I spent the afternoon quilting my sampler lap quilt.  I used a walking foot and quilted wavy diagonal lines the same way I suggest for beginning students.  I will not trim it yet so I will have it to demo trimming and adding the binding in class. 
     
     I do not enjoy shopping.  I would rather be working on a quilt than making myself a new dress.  This morning as I was dressing for church I realized I have GOT to take some time to make some clothes for myself or make myself shop.  Just like I have a stash of quilting fabric and patterns, I also have a stash of dress fabric and patterns.  
      It was BEAUTIFUL outside today and I was reminded that this is a great time of year to work in the yard to get flowerbeds ready for winter. I need a plan for how best to use my time and still have time for what I love to do.   

No comments:

Post a Comment