Saturday, October 1, 2011

Catching Up


       The past several days have been busy.  Tuesday was charity sew day for GCQ.  Sewing with the group I got all the red, white and blue blocks together.  Mary saw the block in Canada and many ladies in the guild contributed blocks.  You start with a RWB 4 patch, slice it and sew it back together to make this block.  

Mary said the quilt could be finished as one of the VA hospice quilts.  I brought it home and added borders.  Wednesday was quilt group day at church so I took it to pick out a backing.  Bonney took it home to quilt.  

 

I worked some on borders for the scrappy bargello. 
      Thursday evenings I teach a beginner sampler class at Midlands Tech – Harbison campus.  The ladies and I are finishing up the 12 blocks.  Here are some of mine.  Next week we will sash them and be ready to add the border. 

     Friday a group of friends and I went to Asheville for the quilt show.  It was a good show and we enjoyed the day.  I did not take my camera so I don’t have photos to share.

    Today I sewed a pair of fleece pants for my granddaughter and worked on her Halloween costume.  She wants to be cowgirl Jessie from Toy Story. That is enough for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment