Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Snowman UFO# 7 Finished

       Tuesday I took the snowman wall-hanging to Day Bee for input about whether to add more snowflake quilting.  They advised yes so I added a few simple free-motion snowflakes in strategic places and then decided  enough.  I added the binding and sewed on 3 dimensional details I had to remove while working ( large buttons, bell and pompoms).  I also added a couple of snowflake buttons to the most unadorned snowman.  Now UFO # 7 is finished.  These snowmen were part of a guild block exchange years back;  I don’t know who made the one on the top left.  I will ask at guild next week when I show it and hopefully someone will know.  

      Today was sew day for my church quilt group.  I played with scrap 2 ½” strips and made my version of lego (compost) blocks.   They were very easy and I like the look.  I’ll show a picture later.  We had a request for some small pillow forms to be stuffed.  I pulled out from our storage about 12 orphan blocks.  We picked out backing fabric, sewed and they are ready to be stuffed. They were a perfect use for the orphan blocks. 

      Early Friday morning I will head to Jefferson, NC for the Ashe County Piecemakers Guild show.  I hope to have some wonderful photos from there when I return Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment