Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My Sewing and More from the Show


       Last night I pulled out my UFO from several years ago when Paula Nadelstern was here for a week of workshops.  I took 2.  I only finished one block from her puzzle quilt book and part of one Needlestar block  which is a simple form of kaleidoscope block.   I enjoyed her classes but found her techniques to be very labor intensive.  She traces fabric designs and cuts 8 or more individual repeats of that component.   I have done several stack-and-whack quilts and hope I can adapt that technique to finish at least one project from Paula. 
    Today I also pulled out my fans from Charlotte Angotti’s class and added a couple of borders.  It now measures 52 by 64”.  I am thinking of adding a border of squares and a plain border.  It could finish at 70 by 82” which may be large enough for one of the quilts the VA hospice unit has requested. 

Here are the first place wall hangings from last weekends show. 
Large pieced

Large Appliquéd

Art Quilt with a lot of thread painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment