Friday, April 15, 2011

Altering Clothing and More

   I was not in the mood to sew or quilt today so I worked a little on a variety of projects.  I planted vegetables in the garden and watered. I shopped for 2 needed fabrics that my stash could not fill.  Now they have been washed and folded.  I pressed a stack of charity  half-square triangles blocks that were sewn some time ago. I'm not sure how they will be used.  They were donated and I just could not throw them out.   

    I did a little shopping for clothing.  I did not find a white dressy blouse that I wanted but I did buy 2 casual knit tops.  They were a little too long so I decided to cut them off.  Recently I saw a show with Nancy Zieman on using twin needles.  She suggested that a twin needle was perfect for a knit hem so I decided to try it.  I can't remember the last time I used a twin needle.  I was very pleased with the look and ease.  I would  definitely do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment