Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Guild Day and Sewing Clothes


Today was guild meeting with Greater Columbia Quilters.  The program was a truck show and the inspiring story of one of our members.  She shared her story along with quilts she worked on at the time.   I love trunk shows and seeing what others do.  It stimulates my creative juices.  We also turned in our UFO list for the year’s challenge.  I only listed 14.  There were some I found that I’m not sure I want to finish.  I also have a collection of orphan blocks.  I usually try to put them together with others for charity quilts.
 
 Instead of working on quilt projects the past 2 days, I have taken time to sew some clothes for my granddaughter so after guild meeting I needed to shop for a toddler long sleeve shirt to go with corduroy jumpers I made yesterday for her.  I almost waited too late.  The long sleeves were about gone and almost all the shirts were spring short sleeve.  I finally found two that suited.   That gives her options with the outfits.  It can be a bit of a problem sewing for her when she lives 3 hours away.  I hope these fit and suit her style.  Here are photos of my efforts.  My granddaughter has requested finger puppets so that is on my list also between quilting projects.   





No comments:

Post a Comment