Saturday, April 7, 2018

Making a Little UFO Progress


     Spring is here in South Carolina and I have enjoyed my pretty azaleas. 
I spent a couple of mornings working in the flower beds and yard this week and was too tried to quilt in the afternoon.
    
    I did make a little progress as I pulled out my RWB Improv Lemoyne Star and did some quilting.
 The center section is quilted.  It is difficult to see because I used matching thread.  I stopped to contemplate how to quilt the outer section.    


       My sister used the Morning Star blocks made by both of us and pieced this top.  I have it sandwiched 

and started the quilting using a swirl motif.  The quilt will be a college graduation present for a nephew so I wanted to get busy.  



     I have pieced a couple of mug rug tops with Bible verse sayings on Printed Treasures fabric. 


I used scraps to make one sample Pansy mug rug/coaster. 
You can watch a free tutorial on YouTube by ShabbyFabrics and download the free pattern.  They offer a placemat size and coaster.  The coaster finishes at 6 ½” so I am calling it a mug rug.  

    
Enjoy time sewing or quilting if you aren’t out enjoying the spring.


1 comment:

  1. You have been busy! I always love that star quilt pattern. It shows off fabrics so well too. You made a beauty!

    ReplyDelete