Monday, December 11, 2017

Holiday Projects

       On Nov. 6th I posted quilting project goals for the end of the year, hoping that would help give me focus to get them done.  I’m not sure how much it helped.  In this holiday season certain projects have taken precedence over those planned. The Circle Back lap quilt was finished and given.  The appliqued Double Wedding Ring lap quilt was finished and taken to church for a comfort quilt.  I have done the stitch-in-the-ditch quilting to stabilize the RWB Lonestar (Lemoyne star) improv quilt, but I have not given any thought as to how I want to do the rest of the quilting. There has been no progress on the scrappy rainbow anvil blocks or any Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilts.
  
The green, blue and yellow string blocks were partnered with hour glass blocks and are pieced into a charity top.  

 I also pieced 2 charity lap quilt tops NOT on the plan – Giant Swoon and 4 Patch Change Up – which tells you why progress was not made on others ON the list.

        Some holiday gift projects interrupted other work.  I made a scrappy small purse as a gift for one granddaughter. I found the directions here.  I did lengthen the strap and I used D rings to attach it.


I made an 18” doll chair from PVC for another granddaughter.  You can find the tutorial here. I may make more.


A few holiday mug rugs also were quick projects.

I enjoyed time with granddaughters.  I baked and put together 2 small gingerbread houses for them to decorate. 

Hope you are getting your holiday projects done.  Enjoy this holiday season and maybe find some time for sewing or quilting.



No comments:

Post a Comment