Sunday, July 16, 2017

Weekend Sewing and Quilting

    Recently I was a pattern tester for Ruth at Charly and Ben’s Crafty Corner blog  for her pattern of Kenny Koala.  Here is my panel of her pattern. I enjoyed piecing it. 
 

Then I decided to change the bottom strip and pieced blocks.  I think it looks like he is under a quilt. Now I am searching for the right border fabric. 


     Today I did some free-motion quilting on my 2nd Star Gazing quilt. I have already meandered on the neutral areas and wanted a focus motif for the colored irregular diamonds.  I like a diamond design from Angela Walters’ book, Shape by Shape: Collection 2. 
I wondered how the motif would work since the shape I am quilting is irregular.  First I practiced on a plastic shape then on plexiglass over my quilt. 


I have many more to quilt, but here is one of the center diamond shape quilted.  I used a burgunday thread so it does not show up very well. 

Update*  Here is a much better photo of the motif on a lighter diamond. 

Hope you get to enjoy some sewing or quilting time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment