Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Comfort Quilt Finish

     The Star Gazing quilt is finished.  
I find this an easy pattern for an adult comfort quilt.  You can find the pattern on Craftsy
The trickiest part is also one thing that makes this pattern easy.  It uses the HST technique that creates 8 HST units from 2 large squares.  The tricky part is that the diagonal lines are longer than your 24” rotary ruler. 
     I simply meandered on the neutral areas and I wish I had quilted a more interesting motif. I enjoyed the new motif used for the colored irregular diamonds from Angela Walters’ book, Shape by Shape: Collection 2.  It shows up best on the lightest red and would have shown up better if I had chosen a different color for the others but I did not want to change thread. 


     I have done some quilting on another comfort quilt but have not tackled my next UFO yet.
 

Hope you get to enjoy some sewing or quilting time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment