Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Ready for Thanksgiving

    I am looking forward to visiting with siblings and their families for Thanksgiving. I decided to take a mug rug for each adult of my generation so collected those previously finished and made a couple more to have enough. 

My siblings usually bring Christmas gifts instead of putting them in the mail so I got busy for that too. I finished up this set of red Cobblestone placemats. I quilted them with one of my favorite motifs from Leah Day called “Echo Shortcut”.
I also made a quilted cosmetic bag and a couple of insulated wine totes.  Both of these were classes I taught at JoAnn Fabrics.  



    After getting baking done, I found time to quilt some on a comfort quilt and finished the Big Houses quilt.  You can find out more about the pattern on this post.  This was a joint effort by members of my church quilt group.  I adapted the size so it finishes at 48” by 66”. 

I decided to quilt the houses with simple straight lines but in the border did a free-motion star meander to go with the border fabric.



Wishing you all an enjoyable Thanksgiving Day of visiting with family and friends. Then you can rest and enjoy some quiet time to sew and quilt.


No comments:

Post a Comment