Sunday, October 2, 2016

Potholders, Mug Rugs and More

   
Even though the days here are only a little cooler, I have been thinking fall and holiday projects. The past week I have been busy playing with scraps.  I saw this cute pieced turkey on Lori Holt’s blog Bee in a My Bonnet.   You can see her 12” block here
I decided to resize it to 8” for a potholder and made 2.  I placed the first hanging loop in the corner and the second in the middle.  I guess I like the straight hanging one better.  Which do you like?
 The backing fabric is mum like and it looks like fall also so these potholders could be reversed and used for longer. 
  
 I also played a day with fall scraps and pieced the top of 3 more mug rugs. I enjoy giving them as small gifts.


Wednesday was sew day at church.  Martha shared her “Star Gazing” quilt top.  It looks great!  The pattern is from Britney Walsh of Soft Day Quilts.  You can find out more about where to find the free pattern on this post


Saturday morning I taught 3 beginning quilters in a class at JoAnn Fabrics.  Kelly finished her 2 blocks and sent me these photos.  Her birthday is Halloween and these are perfect for her and the season.



Enjoy a few minutes each day sewing or quilting!


No comments:

Post a Comment