Thursday, January 14, 2016

Playing More with Black, White and Red

     While overseeing work on new floors at my “Grandma’s Place” (small condo about 4 miles from granddaughters as home away from home),
 I played with my stash of black, white and red scraps.  Some were small and some were strips of various sizes leftover from various projects.  Since I had some strips left over from a class, I decided to use as many as I could to make several of the same 10” finished blocks. With other smaller scraps (crumbs) I free-pieced; sometimes in a logcabin or courthouse step style.  As of this morning I have 4 paper-pieced heart blocks leftover from a class (which are smaller and may get frames) plus 17 various 10” blocks. 


I still have a pile of strips and scraps for many more.  I don’t yet have a plan for how I will use them in a quilt.  I have just enjoyed the free-piecing.


Hope you find a few minutes to sew or quilt.

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you used your black and reds! It gives me some good ideas for my favorite colors.

    ReplyDelete