Wednesday, October 21, 2015

A Finish and A Start

     The quick baby quilt is finished and ready for delivery for the soon expected one. The light fabric is not solid.  It has a pastel multicolored dot which is not visible in the photo. 


      A friend and I were talking recently and I decided to make a Quilt of Valor for his cousin.  He suggested flag fabric and I found a beautiful one.  I plan to use the same block design that I used for the baby quilt except that they are larger ( 8” finished ) and will only use three fabrics for the whole quilt. 


     I went to see the state fair for a quick visit especially to view the quilts and arts and crafts.  My camera did not cooperate because it needed fresh batteries but I did manage to get one photo of a special prize winner.  This quilt is by Barbara Estep of Greenville, SC (entered in the 70+ division).

I am sorry they have to fold the large quilts for hanging so we can’t see the whole quilt.  I love these vines. 

*evening update*
After a day of sewing the QOV top is together.  Hopefully I will sandwich it tomorrow and start quilting.


No comments:

Post a Comment