Thursday, May 28, 2015

Afternoon of Quilting

       As I have done for several days recently, I spent the morning working in the yard.  After cleaning up and a short rest, I went back to quilting on the carpenter star quilt.  I have meandered all of the background and stitched-in-the-ditch to outline the center star and both inside and outside edge of the outer wheel.   

This afternoon I started free-motion quilting feathers in the star diamonds using dark gray thread. The feathers show up well on the green.  It is difficult to see the thread on the purple and that also made it more difficult to quilt because I could hardly see what I had quilted and where I needed to go. 

On the outer wheel I may find a purple thread or another color for the purple diamond
 areas. 
Tomorrow will be another great day for piecing or quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment