I spent many hours of my Labor Day holiday with FMQ. The tumbling block quilt is almost finished. All it lacks is the binding.
I use a lot of charity/comfort quilts to practice new FMQ motifs or to practice FMQ control. In the background of this quilt, I tried out a new design of circles. It seemed to fit the fabric. First I practice with pen and paper.
Sorry it does not show up better in the photo.
I simply meandered in the top plaid portion of the tumbling blocks because the quilting would not show up. I devoted more time to quilting a feather in each of the other sections. I just mark a spine and then FMQ the rest.
Here is another comfort quilt finish. It has been a while since I meandered an entire quilt but that is what I did for this one.