Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Scrap Play and "Made-Fabric"

      Bonnie Hunter is on Quilt Cam and I am sewing crumbs to create “made-fabric” using Victoria Findlay Wolfe’s technique.   Joan contributed a large piece of made-fabric which has been added to mine. 

I used my new huge hexagon template with 5” finished sides to cute hexagons. 

I will live with this a few days during the 4th holiday while I decide about background. 





I saved the parts that were trimmed away.  I did remove slivers so there won't be so many seams and tiny pieces.  







         I have been busy this week getting my house ready for company.  I did find time to put a simple border on this simple bargello quilt top.  I think it will make a good beginner bargello class for a small quilt that finishes 45 by 60” so it will fit a crib size batting.  


I also finished a comfort quilt top.  The components have been one of my “leader/ender projects.  I tried to use up all the pieces of these fabrics so I added the border of squares.  I still have a few of one fabric but they will go into my box of 3 ½” squares. 


Company (granddaughters and family) will arrive tomorrow so I will not be sewing for a few days.  


I am enjoying watching the baby birds in my airplane plant.  I can see 4 heads.  I am afraid to water the plant so it is suffering.

Hope you enjoy the July 4th holiday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment