Friday, May 9, 2014

Comfort Quilt Finished

     I have been spending many hours working in my yard.  Most often I work in the yard in the morning until it gets too hot and I’m worn out.  Then I shower and start sewing.   Today I finished quilting a child’s comfort quilt for GCQ. 
It started with an unusual panel.   I added several borders.  Yesterday I sandwiched and started quilting.  I used a dark gray thread and first quilted in the ditch with the walking foot.  Today I started the FMQ outlining the animals and quilting the borders.  I used several designs with a different one in each border.



     Last summer guild member Lari taught an After-after workshop on the Twist block technique.  I finished one.  I decided not to make more because I did not like dealing with the bias edges.  I gave the block and extra fabric to my sister Irene and she made it into a table topper.  She did a great job!  

No comments:

Post a Comment