Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Show and Tell

    This afternoon I finished all 28 heart blocks for the "Piece of My Heart Quilt" which is the sample for the JoAnn Fabrics quilting class 301.  Actually, when I thought I had them all done, I could not find the first 2 I made so had to make 2 more. The others will probably show up some day.  Here are half of them on my design wall.

Maybe tomorrow I will add the blue sashing get the center sewn together.

   Tuesday at GCQ general meeting we had the "Pizza Girls" present a trunk show.  I enjoyed it very much and came home with 2 new rulers.  I have been wanting for sometime to make a spider web string quilt.  They showed 2.  Here is one.


I bought the template for cutting the kite shape for this quilt.

Years ago I bought a kaleidoscope ruler and love the look of the kaleidoscope quilts.  They showed several which interested me so maybe I will actually use mine.



      I also liked the quilts they showed that were made using a giant 45 degree diamond.  Here is what they showed.  Each block finishes at 24".

That template came home with me. Now I just have to find the time.



No comments:

Post a Comment