To help deal with mounds of fabric scraps, I started cutting them into sizes that I planned to use as leaders and enders. ( I love them in place of a scrap for a thread catcher.) I cut a lot of 2 ½” squares and 2 ½” by 4 ½” bricks. I had a pile of bricks sewn in pairs. Some were sewn on my grandmother’s 1906 treadle machine when Quilt Mavens Bee met at my home last month. I pulled out some leftover strips of unusual striped novelty print fabric and used the bricks as coin strips. This is what I have sewn together.
It measures 39” by 43”. With an outside border added, it will be large enough to be useful for someone who likes golf. I still have plenty of brick pieces for another project.
I also went looking in my stash for a different background fabric for the heart blocks. While looking, I found a great fabric for the border and that led to the new background fabric and sashing fabric. I decided not to use a couple of pale pinks. Here are my selections.
I like this plan much better. The little blue flowers in the border fabric are perfect with the blue for sashing.
Here are 2 new sample heart blocks.