Thursday, January 24, 2013

WIP - Works In Progress

    Today has been a great day for sewing.  Yesterday I sandwiched the bright scrappy squares.  I had just gotten my Bernina back from being serviced so I thought it should be in great shape to quilt.  I used the walking foot at first to quilt wavy diagonal lines which stabilized the center.  Then I changed to the free-motion foot and quilted between those lines with lines sort of like wood grain.
Here is the front.

The quilting shows up better on the back.

I needed a break from quilting so I finished sewing the rows together for the orphan pinwheel top and I got one border added of the floral so it makes the pinwheel blocks float along the edge.

When I sewed the blocks and rows together, I had to press the seams open because of so much thickness at the points where the geese units met the square in a square units.  I don't know another way to avoid all the thickness.

I would love for someone to share a pressing suggestion for how to aware the thick seams at points like in the yellow circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment