Saturday, December 15, 2012

Progress on UFO

    I finished Christmas gifts and last package in the mail so last night I pulled out a UFO.   Some time about 2007 my sister's quilt group swapped blocks by the following pattern.  I made 4 sample blocks and tried to get my guild bee interested by had no takers so my 4 blocks sat.  I decided to make 8 more to have enough for a lap quilt. Pat Sloan shared the project information in the April 2006 "McCall's Quilting".
These are raw edge appliqued and I used some fancy stitches available on my sewing machine.
The flower pieces are appliqued to the background.

Then the blocks are cut into 4 parts.

Then they were switched and resewn into blocks.

I used a little water and a chenille brush to fray the edges.

The pattern has a leaf that I do plan to add. 

I just had to add a photo of my sister's finished quilt in her guild show the past fall.
Notice the butterflies made from 2 parts.

1 comment:

  1. I must have missed that meeting. I like the looks like fun.