Today was spent working on charity quilts at guild and at home. It was the charity sew day for GCQ and I worked on scrappy blocks made of squares and rectangles. In the cabinet I found a bag full of pieces already cut and some strips. I chose ones I liked together, counted out bunches that I would need and started chain piecing sets. I got a lot of components pieced. The drawing shows how the pieces fit in a 12” block.
I also collected a pile of scraps for crumb piecing. For the the guild monthly challenge I chose the oxymoron "good garbage" and used crumbs of fabric. I like that name so much to describe crumbs that I now use it. Today when someone had small scraps they were thinking of throwing away, they gave me their "good garbage".
When I came home I pulled out the charity quilt project I was working on last Wednesday for my church quilt group. The pattern is called “the Woodpile” and is made from strip sets that are mostly browns. I spent the afternoon working on those blocks and got a good many finished or mostly finished. I am not sure what size this quilt should be.