Thursday, October 13, 2011

Beginner Sampler's Plus Contest

      I did not get to sew today until after lunch.  I started making Jessie’s cowgirl shirt for my granddaughter’s Halloween costume. 
     Then it was time for my beginner sampler class.  The ladies were all at different stages tonight.  Linda came with the border already on her top so I helped her sandwich and baste and she started machine quilting with a walking foot. 
     Anne had all the sashing together so she worked on adding the border. 
 

Licia was finishing up her sashing and almost ready to add the border.  
 

Isn’t it surprising how different they look with different fabric?  I wanted each of them with their quilt but with this photo angle I could not get the whole quilt top.  

     I uploaded a photo of my brown crumb quilt for Quilting Gallery’s Weekly Themed quilt contest 
http://quiltinggallery.com/tag/weekly-themed-quilt-contest/
on scrappy quilts.  I hope you will take a few minutes to visit their site and vote for my quilt.  Voting is Friday through Sunday with the winner announced on Monday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment