Friday, September 23, 2011

Making Stars

     I attempted another Needlestar block.  I did not follow Paula’s instructions carefully and did not line up the center point of the template on a line of symmetry in the fabric design so the design does not match up on the legs or around the center.  I still like the final result even though I did not cut it correctly.  

Later this afternoon I used the same fabric to make a LeMoyne star with 45 degree diamonds.  It has been a long time since I made one. It took about as long to piece as a Needlestar ( was a little easier ) but is not as dramatic.   

I could put 3 blocks together for a table runner and use the rest of the fabric for a totally different project or make some more star blocks to go with these.  I have not decided. 

No comments:

Post a Comment