Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Guild Tuesday


       Today was the monthly meeting for GCQ and our guest was Charlotte Angotti.   http://charlotteangotti.com/ She presented beautiful quilts along with hilarious stories of her experiences.  After lunch, she taught her techniques for making fans.   Here are 2 blocks that I worked on.  I still need to appliqué the fans to the background fabric.   The photo shows 2 that I am considering and a lime green semicircle.  I pulled from my stash but would like the lime to be darker. 
    After guild, I finished piecing the scrappy bargello columns for a charity quilt.  My church quilting group has been asked to make quilts for the new VA hospice area.  With several borders added perhaps this pieced bargello would be a nice center for a hospital bed quilt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment