Wednesday, July 27, 2011

More Quilted Postcards

     This was our second Wednesday sew day at church for our quilting group.  It was a productive day even though I did not do any sewing.  I spent the whole 4 hours sorting and organizing our fabric scraps.  We have a lot.  Several ladies sewed but Beverley cut odd pieces into more 2 1/2" strips and I sorted.
     Recently I did make a couple of quilted postcards.  I pieced skinny scrap strips and then sub-cut and re-pieced them for a stained glass effect behind a brown piece for reverse applique.  I machine quilted the piece then I used fusible applique to add the dove and stitched around it. 

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog. Love it and all its scrappiness. (is that a real word? )

    Pretty, pretty, pretty.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete