Saturday, March 26, 2011

Playing with Designs


This has been another no sew day; however, I’ve been doing tasks connected.  My church quilt group inherited some unfinished projects some of which we are trying to finish.   One has trimmed pictures of Indians with fusible web.  I found some fabric in my stash with similar colors and an Indian type design that I thought could be a possible background fabric.  Do the Indians get lost or would they look better on a plain background?   


I love to play with designs in EQ.  Wednesday a member of my church quilt group picked out a scrappy design from “Garden Path” blocks in Scrap Quilts Using Fast Patch by Anita Hallock.  I drew the block in EQ and started playing with variations that would be easy and the size we want for prayer/comfort small quilts.  Here is the first block variation and sample quilt. 


Then I changed the block again and here is the sample quilt.  I think this is more interesting.  The blocks are made from a half-square triangle and squares pieced like a nine patch block.  


No comments:

Post a Comment