Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day of Sewing

I woke up to a solid white lawn and driveway this morning so it was the perfect day to sew and work on a UFO.  The Greater Columbia Quilt Guild has been challenged for 2011 to complete our unfinished projects.  It was a challenge just to decide what among my many UFOs was worth being completed.  Today I tackled one. I'm using mostly pastel batiks.  I'm using the "Jungle Fever" pattern by Karen Montgomery.  I have found it simple yet interesting.  Starting with 3 different 10" squares stacked, you follow one of 5 cutting diagrams.  Shift a few pieces in the stacks and sew the 3 blocks together in sort of a half log cabin block. 
Here are 3 sets I completed today.  I can't wait to get all the blocks sewn and then play with them on the design wall for the final arrangement. 


No comments:

Post a Comment